Managers ensure that their assigned department, store, or district is well staffed and provisioned, adheres to quality and service standards, increases revenue and market share, and helps the business accomplish its goals. They hire and train employees, help develop and implement business strategies, and perform a variety of other tasks to ensure the business is thriving.
- Delegating responsibilities and supervising business operations
Hiring, training, motivating and coaching employees as they provide attentive, efficient service to customers, assessing employee performance and providing helpful feedback and training opportunities.
- Resolving conflicts or complaints from customers and employees.
- Monitoring store activity and ensuring it is properly provisioned and staffed.
- Analyzing information and processes and developing more effective or efficient processes and strategies.
- Establishing and achieving business and profit objectives.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy business, ensuring that signage and displays are attractive.
- Generating reports and presenting information to upper-level managers or other parties.
- Ensuring staff members follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties to ensure the overall health and success of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or related field.
- More education or experience may be preferred or required.
- Strong understanding of business management, financial, and leadership principles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service to customers and support to staff members.